Vision and Learning
- All About Vision and Learning Browse through this large collection of articles by the PTA, School Nurse News, Web MD, professors, eye doctors, and more...
- About Success in School with Vision Therapy Read stories written by students, parents and teachers about improved grades, reading, spelling, math, handwriting, and more.
- Attention Deficit Disorder and Vision Is it really ADD/ADHD? Or is it an undetected vision problem?
- http://www.children-special-needs.org/vision_therapy/esophoria_reading.html This article by an eye doctor explains how and why convergence insufficiency causes problems with reading and learning. See the illustrations!
- Dyslexia and Vision The American Academy of Optometrists and the American Optometric Organization discuss vision, learning-related vision problems and dyslexia.
- Tracking Problems and Reading Difficulties Article by an eye doctor explains explains how and why tracking problems interfere with reading skills. See the illustrations!
- Vision Therapy and LDs As part of an interview, an eye doctor discusses whether Vision Therapy helps learning disabilities or learning-related vision problems.
- What is Low Vision?
- What is Vision Therapy? Various definitions of Vision Therapy by American Optometric Association, eye doctors and patient advocates.
- United States Directory of Vision Therapy Providers This directory provides free referrals to board certified providers of Vision Therapy. Find an eye doctor in another state.
- Vision Therapy FAQs An eye doctor answers questions about Vision Therapy in an interview.
- Vision Therapy Research and Medical Literature.
- PAVE -- Parents Active for Vision Education
- More Success Stories
- What is a Complete Eye Exam? It is not enough to test the clarity of eyesight at a distance of 20 feet (known as 20/20). A complete visual evaluation needs to tests many aspects of vision.
- Optometrists and Ophthalmologists What are the differences in practice focus between a pediatric optometrist and a pediatric ophthalmologist?
- Choosing an Eye Doctor Comments by educators on choosing pediatric vision care for a child.
- Vision Glossary Build your visual health vocabulary!
- https://www.visioncenter.org/eye-conditions/ General vision descriptions
Binocular Vision Impairments
- Binocular Vision How does it work? Why do we need it?
- Lazy Eye, Crossed-Eyes, Strabismus, etc. A large web site with many pages of easy-to-understand information on crossed-eyes, lazy eye, strabismus, developmental delays, Vision Therapy, eye muscle surgery, dyslexia, vision impairments, and much more.
- Eye Muscle Surgery and Vision Therapy Eye muscle surgery, a common treatment for crossed eyes and lazy eye, does not have great success rates. Even when necessary, eye muscle surgery has had improved success rates when coordinated with pre- and post-surgical Vision Therapy.
3D Stereo Vision
- Eye Doctors and 3D Vision Eye doctors use stereoscopic 3D images to develop and reinforce 3D vision.
- The Stereo Vision Project What is stereo vision? What is a binocular vision impairment?
- vision3d.com Learn to see in 3D! Visit the 3D Art Gallery and view Magic Eye stereograms, stereo photographs, optical illusions and much more.
- Optometrists Network A national network of optometrists.
- COVD -- The College of Optometrists in Vision Development An international professional organization which grants board certification in Vision Therapy to optometrists.
- AOA -- The American Optometric Association Organization of 32,000 optometrists.
- OEP -- Optometric Extension Program Foundation Serving the educational needs of optometrists.
- NORA -- Neuro Optometric Rehabilitation Association International, Inc.
- College of Syntonic Optometry